Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happiness starts and ends with you

I think


that the hardest thing for people to feel is happiness. I mean true, laugh until you cry happiness. I think they get lust, love and other things confused with happiness. I think happiness is something you have to teach yourself. You have to realize that no one controls that for you, and its sad if you blame others for your sadness. You control the way you look at things, the way you handle things, and the way you carry yourself. I used to rely on others for my happiness, so when they hurt me or made me sad I didn't think I could go on living. I want to tell people that you have a choice, you can choose to let the sadness eat you up and spit you out or you can tell yourself your going to be happy and find something that aides in that happiness. We rely to much on men, women, weather our job is going to suck or not, or what our family is doing to tell us how to feel. When in all reality if you searched around you, searched inside you, you could find yourself, the part of you that makes you feel good without needing any of that. I believe that we are a weak weak species. We let sadness, anger swallow us whole and eat us alive without even thinking that we could do anything about it. We just give in, yet we are supposed to be so strong, so knowing. I don't think we know how much of an effect we have on ourselves, call yourself fat for a week and you'll start to believe it, call yourself beautiful for a week instead and you'll start to believe that too. In reality being happy isn't much more work than being sad or angry. I have learned to make myself happy regardless of what is going on around me, I have learned that nothing is ever as bad as we make it seem. I have survived every day since now, why would I believe that one little thing could change that? I don't, half the things we get sad or mad about aren't even worth it. I would much rather smile. I'm sure your wondering what my trick is? How I learned to stay happy regardless of whats going on. Here is the answer: tell yourself your happy, tell yourself its no big deal, that your beautiful and you can handle it. That's it. No one has more control over your mind and the things you choose to think about than yourself. I wanted to feel happiness so I gave myself happiness. Anyone else who can manage to make me smile or laugh or breathe a little lighter is just a bonus and a keeper in my world. You have to know who you are and what you want to allow yourself to be truly happy, to know what happiness is. You have to be content in your own skin and not only except your angels but except your demons as well. If you can love yourself, and make yourself happy then the rest of the things you want will follow. People will hurt you, they will walk all over you and use you up because they haven't found themselves yet, they haven't found this secret passageway to happiness and it will hurt you. It will hurt you so damn bad that you'll wake up crying, you'll go to bed crying and then you'll wake up. I mean really wake up, you'll understand that it's all how you choose to perceive things. You can take it as a bad experience that will haunt you forever or you can take it as a lesson. Either way you have to realize that how ever you decide to take it, the only person that it effects is you. This is your life, its your job to realize what real happiness feels like, and how happy you can truly be by finding happiness in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...