Monday, April 14, 2014

Why am I still single?

Everyone


has asked me why I am single lately, is it because I'm a lesbian? I am picky? Lonely? I once saw an
article online about a girl posting conversations she has had with men and saying that's why she was single and I thought it was a clever idea if you want to read her article its called Why I am Single I found it on Pinterest of course :). so here are some of my conversations with men:

Guy on plenty of fish dating website:

Him: Hello beautiful. Just saw your profile and wanted to say how great of a person you are. You are wonderful and we would get along great. Message me back sometime :)

Me: I wonder if he knows we have never met before. Maybe I shouldn't reply to this message...oh well.
Thanks.

Him: Yeah so I think your great beautiful. I have never seen someone so beautiful.

Me: Here we go... wonder how many times he's used that generic line. NOT MESSAGING HIM BACK.


Conversation with past boyfriend:

Him: Meag. So I have to tell you something....

Me: What now. Of course since things are going so well something was bound to happen.
Yes??....

Him: Well... I didn't sleep with my ex the night you yelled at me for it but the next day I did.. I figured since you were already angry....

Me: *Silence* *Tears* Well that's just great how dumb do you have to be? Now he is blaming me to psychologically feel good about the fact that it wasn't his fault he slept with someone its my own.
This isn't going to work. That's just great.

Him: I'm really really sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me..

Me: Yes, I don't expect me to forgive you either. *Silence*

A week or so later we broke up. I wonder why....


Conversation with Stranger on a bus in Salt Lake City:

Him: Hello whats your name?

Me: Oh god. Should I respond he seems older. Hes probably some married man. Well why not, might as well find out. Hello my name is Meaghan whats yours?

Him: *says name* Do you have a boyfriend? Are you married?

Me: Since he's asking I'll assume he is. Avoid awkward conversation and say yes.
Yes I do have a boyfriend.

Him: Oh I see I'm married, I have children.

Me: I knew it. Maybe he's just making small talk and being nice.  Ooh I see. That's nice how old are they? How is your wife doing?

Him: I left them.

Me: Well this just became awkward... What do I say to that? Hes not just making small talk he's hitting on me in some creepy way! Well I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes things just don't work out how we want them to.

Him: Yeah. Do you live around here?

Me: Great. Now he is going to follow me home. Say somewhere far far away! Wait.. I do live far away. Be honest.  I live in Ogden so no...

Him: Well what are you doing clear out here by yourself?

Me: How does he know I am alone? What if my mother is in the bathroom or a friend? Has he been following me this whole time? How do you know I'm alone? I go to school out here.

Him: You have been by yourself the last couple of stops so I just figured. That's cool what are you going to school for? What school? I work out here but I don't live around here either.

Me: So he has been following me. How do I get rid of him? Do I want to say what school? No. Play it safe just say what you are going to school for.  I'm going to school for dental assisting. That's cool.

Him: Yeah so we should chat sometime can I have your number?

Me: Umm How old are you? I have a boyfriend so I don't think that's a great idea.

Him: I'm 35.. and we could just be friends?

Me: Umm I don't think that's a good idea. I'm 19. So.. your much older than I am.

Him: *surprised* you don't look 19....

Me: Well this is my stop. See you around. *Gets off bus*

Guy I know and ran into at Wal Mart:

Him: Hey! Do you still have your Acura Integra?!

Me: Why does he want to know what car I am driving? Odd...Here comes some small talk.
No I don't.

Him: What car do you drive now?

Me: A Mazda 3, 2007

Him: Ooh.. That's cool.

Me: Do I want to keep this conversation going? Ehh might as well be nice.
Yeah what do you drive?

Him: I don't have a car. Had to sell it to make my rap music after my mom died.

Me: Oh man. Rap music? Really? Since when? Well I'm sorry to hear about your mom...

Him: Yeah it was a hard time. I got really bad into drugs and have been clean for a week now.

Me: Yepp. He's a keeper. Poor guy. Well I'm glad your clean now and I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a hard time.

Him: *Randomly starts rapping with his eyes fully closed* I don't even remember what the rap was about.

Me: Didn't expect that. Why are his eyes closed? What is this rap song even about? Man.. Its not even good at all... Poor poor guy. Wow. Man. You can definitely just rap on the spot cant you?

Him: Yeah... that wasn't even that good. I  can do better. You should come hang out sometime and play call of duty?!

Me: *As I'm walking away* How about this. If we meet again its fate and we will hang out, If we don't it just wasn't meant to be. Clever Meaghan Cleaver did you forget you see this guy everywhere?!

Him: But I wont see you again!

Me: Hopefully not. *Now almost in a jog down the aisle.* Well then that's fate! Bye!

Later on after shopping, I walked out to my car and found a receipt with a number on it that said much love. I'm only guessing who it couldve been.....

I am not telling these stories to make fun of  these people. I am not writing them to say every man is this way or is a creep. I am not saying that at all. I am simply saying I haven't had much luck with men and THIS is why I am single. I wonder what other stories women and men have about strange awkward conversations and confrontations. Id like to hear yours :) email me at meaghandora123@GMail.com with your funny dating experiences and stories. I've now shared mine and the point to why I just happen to be single. I have many more but we will keep those for a later time. Also if you have a good story about how you and your soul mate met, I wouldn't mind hearing that either. :) well that's it. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...