Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Dads a Super Hero, What does yours do?

People


always ask me who the man of my dreams is, what he would look like, who he would be. I would say he would be like my father. In fact my father is the only man of my dreams. He works hard for the little something that he has. Hes strong, with his calloused hands and deep voice. My father is the only man who would never leave me, never hurt me intentionally. I look up to him, like a passerby looks up to a super hero. He works construction from 5 in the morning to 10:00 at night to support his family weather he's sick, snow or shine. He supports me in any decision I choose to make, even if he knows its the wrong one. My father wants to beat up every boy who has ever broken my heart but he tells me I'm going to be okay and hugs me instead. Even though my father and my mother split up when I was very young my father never missed a payment of child support or the chance to pick me up on a weekend, even if I didn't want to go. He taught me how to ride a bike without the training wheels and that I deserve the world. I look up to him for being loving and kind, even though he has a hard outside layer. I love him for his flaws and his temper that he blessed me with. It makes me sad that some little girls grow up without the example of a father figure, I would never of known how to be strong, how to stand up for myself if it wasn't for my dad. It makes me sad that fathers get all the bad wrap from society, fathers aren't the only ones who leave their children, who forget to pay child support, or forget their children even exist altogether.My father saved me. I am lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life, who has been here for me through it all. He always tells me, I want the best for you and your siblings, and I do whatever I can to make sure that happens. He has always done what he can to make sure that promise was met and he has done a wonderful job of it, I don't know where I would be today without him. My father is witty, and makes me laugh, he has always known how to put a smile on any ones face. I am so proud of him and everything he has done to be a wonderful father. He has always known who he has wanted to be and the type of person he has wanted to be for his children and he has stuck to it. I am sure he doesn't always know what he is doing, or how to handle us crazy kids but he always figures it out. I want him to know how much I love and appreciate everything he does. Being a parent seems scary and tough. I don't know how he manages to pull it off and so well at that. I would do anything for him and I want him to know that. I  want him to know that not only is he here for me, to support and love me, but I am also here to return that. He has always done whats best for me, even if it means sacrificing a lot of things he wanted to do, and I am thankful for that. I hope I have made him proud, and I hope he knows I wont let him down. I hope one day I can marry someone who is as great of a person as my father. I hope I can be half the parent that he is. I can't imagine my life without him and I wouldn't want to. I don't think he realizes how much I actually appreciate him and the steps he has taken in his life to better himself as a father and as a person. He always says he wishes he could do more, that he had more to give, but I want him to know that he has given me so much already. He has given me love, life, support, food, laughter,happiness and someone to turn to when I don't know where to turn. That is all a girl could ever want and need. I just wanted to write this blog post for you daddy. To tell you how much I love you and how much you light up my life. I don't have a clue where I would be without you. Remember that I love you and everything you have done and will do will always be enough and more than I ever have hoped for. Thank you for staying in my life when you could have chose to walk out and thanks for being the man I have always needed. I love you daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...