Thursday, April 17, 2014

We Invented The "I dont care" Restaurant

Lets be


honest here for one second. This is a message to guys who expect women to know what they want. We cant even pick what we want for dinner. Did you forget about that? I bet you didn't. Women say they know what they want but when it comes down to it they really don't. I think it comes from fear, fear that if they stated what they wanted they would get it and then feel bad afterwards. Yes, I'm a woman but I'm trying to analyze the thinking in this one too. We want everything and nothing all at once. We want you to be gentile and soft, yet rugged and strong. We want to be alone yet we don't ACTUALLY want to be alone. I think women are free spirited and want to dance in the rain without deciding when to dance in the rain. We want to eat something new and be surprised. We just want people to decide for us because life is complicated. When you make a decision you have to live with that choice for ever and ever. People will either be talking about how good of a decision that restaurant was for months or they will be talking about food poisoning for days. That is just not a risk us women want to take. If you make the decision that's on your conscious. Men don't understand because I think they have brave souls, they don't care regardless of their choice because they feel like their choices could be a good one and if its not, oh well you live and you learn. Women grow up learning to be reserved and to put others first, to say thank you and don't burp in public. I want to be more like a man some days, screw ordering salads because its less messy and eating your pizza with a fork. Women have minds too and I think they try to hard to be polite, they over analyze and don't really know how simple and understanding a man can actually can be. Women think well if I choose this will he think I'm strange for wanting to eat there? If I tell him I don't want anything serious will he think I'm a slut? If I tell him I just want to date will he think I am afraid of commitment? The truth is that I don't think any man or anyone for that matter would mind being told how us women feel. In fact I think they would like to know. I think its hard for women to not think about what others will think of them. I find that sad. How are you ever supposed to do what you want to do, what you have always wanted to try if you don't speak up? I have been one of  these women, reserved. Not wanting to impose my ideas on someone even if they could be great ideas. I want to encourage men to let their women choose, in fact make them choose. Tell these women that unless they pick you wont do anything, you'll be sitting at home in a dark room or you will starve. Tell them that their opinions matter and that you wont be mad or make fun of them for what they choose. I want to empower women to start speaking up, start making choices and don't be afraid of the choices you make. In fact you might be surprised that it feels good to pick, to make a decision. This is something I have been working on lately, telling more about how I feel and making decisions when people ask my opinion. It isn't easy at first because you still feel the argument of should I pick something what will they think? In the back of your head, but fight that off. Shake that habit and you will be proud of yourself. Encourage others to make decisions too. In fact its not just women who cant make decisions, I just went with women because I am one. I know what its like when someone asks you to choose. Kick those pesky decisions in the butt by actually choosing something. Be a woman who can decide and be proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...