Saturday, March 1, 2014

Backbones and other things

Grow a Backbone


thats the advice I want to give to people. Backbones are strong, they hold you up right. More people just need to learn how to use it. Have you ever felt used, unwanted or rejected? I know I have. The beauty for me in the sentence, have a backbone is that to me it means to stand up for yourself, realize that whatever happens  to you, you CHOOSE to let that happen. People let others influence them way to much. No one can tell you how to feel, its your choice on how you choose to react to things. My little sister, who is awesome, driven and has the smile of an angel, has been bullied for most of her High school carreer. She let those bullies tear her down, let them inflence a lot of her thoughts until one day she had enough, I like to believe she grew a backbone and a strong one at that. My little sister let those things go, let those people go, ignored them and moved on with her life. I dont feel bad for people who tell me their pity party stories of life. You are allowed to be sad, allowed to hurt, but its what you do with that energy that matters. Dont unpack your heart, get out a blanket and hide in those sad, hurting moments. Grow from them, I mean it. Grow that backbone that you need to have before its to late and all you are is a peice of skin and sadness, bitterness. One day youre sad, then a week goes by and youre still sad, then before you know it youre always sad and this is your life. I dont want to be that person, and I dont want anyone else to be that person either. That is why I grew a backbone, I got sick of letting others influence my life to the point that it was no longer mine, it revloved around everyone but me. I'm done with all that, that one guy can no longer make me sad, I can no longer be used by him, certain family members can no longer tell me what to do, how to feel. I am free and wild. I know now how to say no to things, how to say yes to other things, I am learning how to not let people's thoughts or needs effect mine. Dont you dare feel sad for people who choose to dwell in their own sadness, anger, or whatever. Everyone has the ability to change thier own lives, that is the beauty of it, if we didnt we would all be mindless and stuck in the ground by roots or nails. I have my backbone, and I did what I needed to do to get it. I have suffered, and I have been through more than I thought I could handle, but I'm fine. I wouldn't be who I am without the experiences I have had and I realize that to the fullest. Life is a precious gift that you dont have forever, live for the moment, do what makes you happy right this second and dont worry about the future, it will play itself out. I cant live my life for something that I dont know is going to happen yet, that just sounds silly. I dont know if I'll find the love of my life but why spend half my life searching for that? I am done searching, there is nothing to be searching for. Your life is right here, right now and people dont realize that, they spend half thier lives waiting for a fairy tale. I no longer want a fairy tale, I want to live. I want to do things because I can, I want to be stupid and carefree because I have that option. I dont need regrets in my life, no one does because at one time that thing was exactly what you wanted. What is there to be sad about? You are alive, you are living, and there is so much out there for you to be happy about, to explore, to wander. Grow a backbone and some wings and use them. Because you are in control of your life and who you choose to become, what you choose to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...