Friday, March 21, 2014

Humans who make you Happy

Once


I found myself in this house, laughing with this guy who loves fish tanks and building computer monitors. Yes. I said computer monitors. We spent all day yesterday learning the ins and outs of this computer building stuff. All I remember is words like motherboards and others that I will not repeat because like me, you probably wouldn't understand them either. I also remember that I had a weird calling for it, I told him to flip a part upside down because he was shoving it in the wrong way, he denied that I was right until it actually worked. He is nerdy, and knows way more about things than I do. He can literally recite every single line from Princess Bride (that's a movie). He built salt water fish tanks as a job, yes his actual job! He sold reefs and stuff like that from his house, it amazes me. We have become really close friends in the matter of a week and a half. I met him on a dating website, how lame does that sound? I didn't think I'd be one of "those" people and here I am. We have spent almost every single day together (shockingly). We do the most random stuff, from searching music videos on YouTube for hours, to long boarding until our legs hurt. He makes me laugh, and when it comes to picking friends or dating I want to tell you that that's very important. We have so much in common its scary, I'm pretty sure we could finish each others sentences if we wanted. We would just rather not freak each other out. I once confessed about playing Rune Scape with my brother and for some reason he's been shocked about it ever since. It lead to us playing Mind Craft for hours and building some kind of house. If you don't know what Rune Scape is or Mind Craft I'll just say one thing, nerdy, good time fun. He builds fires and lets me watch Lord of the Rings all I want. We both think coffee and tea are the only liquids that need to be consumed. The thing I like the most about my new found friend although, is the people he surrounds himself with. He is a good caring guy and he surrounds himself with people who are also exactly that. He told me once that you turn out like the 5 people you choose to mostly surround yourself with. I believe that this is true. Last night it was him, his roommate Bryce, Bryce's girlfriend Nicole, his brother Ben and I. We all had so much fun just hanging out, singing, building a computer monitor and eating pizza from the Pie. (Which is the best pizza place ever!) We didn't need drinking, or smoking or a party we just laughed, sang and made jokes. I love that he chooses genuine positive people to surround himself around No one was sad or down or didn't like each other. We all just enjoyed ourselves and each other. I think this is what makes me respect him and look up to him the most. He is always so positive and wants the same for the people around him. I believe hes one of those genuine good people that you just know puts off an Ora of happiness and therefore everyone who is around him is happy too. He makes me want to be one of those people, to never be sad or down because what is there to be down and sad about? Life is beautiful. I hope everyone gets a chance to meet someone like John. To experience true happiness just by being silly and random with the company of someone who also likes to be silly and random. I want to surround myself, and soak up all the energy I can get from John, Nicole, Bryce, and Ben. They are all such good positive people and they make me laugh. Find people like that and there's no way you can be anything but happy. Remember that the people you choose to keep in your life will influence you weather it be positively or negatively. I am happy to say that with my family, and my new found friends there's no way that anything negative could touch me again. I hope you all look for that sorta feel good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...