Friday, March 14, 2014

Let some light in

You have to





let people in. Why are you running scared? Why would you be scared of someone who is already scared of you? Open your heart up, crack that thing wide open and discover the love that you can have for people and the love people can have for you. I recently made a new friend, a great one at that. We already have a great relationship because we aren't running scared. We are just being. Just be, just show people the good that your made of. You cant live out of fear because of your past. Not everyone is as bad as your ex, or as bad as that bully in high school. There are good people in this world and you have to open up to them to find that out. I believe in just diving in, just laugh, tell people your secrets, because if they are genuinely good they will except you for those secrets. I myself no longer have secrets. Why hide things that could help someone, that someone can learn from? Is it because your ashamed that you went through those secrets? Don't be, whats there to be ashamed of? At the end of the day those secrets are secretly what made you who you are, what made you learn and grow. I want to share my heart with people. I want to be a genuinely good open soul, not because I have to but because it feels good. I want to surround myself with people who feel the same way. People who aren't afraid to be themselves, to laugh and to cherish the good instead of dwelling on the bad. Who said we had to complain everyday about little things? If your complaining stop, let those complaints go and fill your body with good things to say instead. Trust me you'll feel much better because of it. I haven't been the best at taking this advice, then I met that new friend. He has taught me a lot about being happy, about living your life for the good things instead of the bad. I appreciate him for that, for showing me what happiness really means. It means not stressing over the little things, it means laughing at dumb YouTube videos, doing the things that you love and making sure to remember why you love them. Its simple things that brighten up your day. I was second guessing meeting my new found friend, I pictured it being awkward and us not knowing what to do or say, I was running scared. In the end it wasn't anything like that. I underestimated someone I had never even met. How can you do that? How can we say we wont enjoy someones company without even trying? When it comes to people just go for it, meet new friends, make sure to see the old ones. Stop running from things that could be beneficial. I don't know what I was afraid of, but it would have sucked if I didn't end up meeting up with him, i would've ended up not having someone who is very beneficial to me in my life. Give people the benefit of the doubt, stop being so scared of things you don't know about, stop being negative. You learn something from every situation you go through, it just all depends on how you let it effect your life. I think we should all let people in, because everyone is different which means there's so much to learn from everyone you meet. I never regret a past friendship, a past love because they influenced me into the great person I am today. I am happy genuinely happy but that's because I have tried so hard to look at the negative in a positive light. Don't miss a chance to let someone change your life, to let someone teach you something new or tell you a story. You never know what you might get out of it. I have learned so much positive things in the last couple of days from someone who was once a stranger to me, from loved ones who I have know all my life and that, well that is just simply beautiful. Let people in, don't be afraid to learn a thing or two when you do either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...