Thursday, February 13, 2014

She has Butterfly Wings

I admire


the way she carries herself. She doesnt carry herself with her head down, watching the tiles on the floor pass by, she is straight and stands tall. I admire the way she smiles its a smile that could break any straight-faced stranger. She is a mother, a mother of one. A mother of a happy little girl. She is a multi tasker, she can make pancakes, sing, and dance all at the same time. I admire how she can forgive, how she can love without certainty. This woman has grown. She wasnt always a mother, and didnt always know how to smile. She was once sad, once reckless. I think that is what makes me admire her most, like a butterfly she has transformed into something beautiful. This woman invented the way a lullaby should sound, she invented dancing wildly at two in the morning. She can give the best advice, and knows what it means to be hurt. She is forever strong, realizing that things happen for a reason and she wont dwell on that reason. I admire the mother that she is, knowing how to handle a screaming child while pushing a shopping cart. I am jelous of the way she supports herself, realizing she is a single parent but doing anything that she can to give her child the best. I admire that she admits her flaws but understands that she has many perks as well. I admire that she understands what being alone is, and that she is fine to hold her own. This woman understood that she wasnt about settling, and that she could wait for Mr. right to find her, for that I am in awe. I admire the way she is confident in who she is, and she wont ever change for anyone. I admire the way she isnt always sane, she is wild and carefree. I am proud of her for being 20 years old, yet staying in every Friday night to watch Disney movies with her princess. She is my strength when I cant stand, and the woman I call at five in the morning in tears. I admire her laughter, and the way that it is always honest. She is strong and doesnt see giving up as an option. I love the way she cant live without her coffee and understands that I cant either. I admire her for taking the time to know me inside out, to understand me. I admire the way she isnt afraid to say what she feels regardless of who shes speaking to. She is a protector, a mother, a best friend, and a singer. I admire the way she lights up my life and is always here for me. She is my inspiration, my best friend, and the only person I know that will never leave me. I adimre her for giving me true friendship, for putting my faith back into humanity. I admire her for never leaving my side when I have needed her the most. She is my person. She is strong, hard headed, and the greatest friend I could ever have. She is the woman I look up to, the woman I hope I can be someday. I just wanted to tell her how great she is and that I love her to peices. This is your late birthday present  from me, Thank you for seven years of the greatest friendship and many more to come. I love you Emily Linford.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...