Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Fairy tales and Escapes

I'm in love


with the way a book feels in my hand. I have fallen for stories that are not mine, stories of love, of pain and sorrow. I am at awe with the way the pages touch my fingertips, and the spine lays softly in my palm. The stories don't belong to me, and that is the best part. They are someone Else's fairy tales, someone Else's reality. I am comfortable knowing I can forget my own life for maybe a split second, or maybe a day. I live for adventures of others, for love stories I have yet to experience or that I never will. There are times I can relate to the story, and times were I can't even imagine. A book, with its pages creased from other readers, and its spine unsteady from holding up a shelf is an escape from what is real. It's cover explaining what the book is about, or maybe has nothing to do with it at all, enticing, urging you to pick it up. I wish my life was a fairy tale, something interesting to read, something worth writing about. I would like my life to fill up page after page, pulling the reader into a trance, making them not want to put the book down. I would like my life to be some one's escape since it isn't mine. I can get lost in a book for hours, forgetting everything else that is going on. The worst part is when the book comes to an end. The book ending is like a part of a world you have came across and decided to explore, disappearing. It feels like part of a new life you have discovered and decided to live cannot be part of you anymore. I could live in fairy tales, mysteries, and the greatest true stories forever. The pages of a book hold secrets in them, lives that have yet to be lived, and great adventures that have always been yearning to be told. I would like to think of my blog as my book. This is my story, the one that hopefully my kids will read. This is my struggle to find myself, my adventures on love and living. You cant hold my book in your hand, or feel the page turning within your fingertips. These virtual pages may never turn yellow with age. There is no cool enticing cover page. This is just my life, typed with passion, with honesty and feelings. This blog may get lost and one day maybe even expire, but I love that I can express myself through words, words that maybe I don't know how to say. The words that cant quite escape my mouth in the right form.Books inspire my writing, inspire my way of life. They give me knowledge, and lessons through other peoples stories, other people's thoughts and struggles. If you dont love to read, I am sorry that you wont ever experience fairy tales or lives that are different from your own. I am sorry that you wont learn new discoveries or the ways our brain works. I am a reader and by fault that makes me a writer. Give me a book and I'll be the happiest woman alive, give me a blank page and I will fill it with my words, with my thoughts and my story. I enjoy books because I love escaping what is real. I enjoy writing because it allows me to self reflect, allows me to understand how I feel better than anything else. These are my hobbies and my passion. I will write and read until the day I die or no longer can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...