Friday, November 15, 2013

The Love...

you gave me.



Today's blogpost would have to go out to my parents. My father and my step mom. When I was younger I had a rough time getting along with my dad. I was in the "I'm a teenager I know everything" stage of my life. I only got to see him every other weekend since my parents are seperated and have been since as long as I can remember. Even those weekends I would refuse to go. I would start huge fights with my dad and step mom because I felt like friends were a better priority. That is probably the biggest regret of my life still to this day. I love my dad and my step mom they are wonderful people and growing up I didnt take the time to see that. It wasnt until I was about 17 that I stopped throwing fits about going over there. I would scream that I hated them and other mean things, I'd even tell my friends the same thing. They are now the two people in my life that I'm closest too, I even recently moved in with them. I wish that I wouldve realized sooner that life is to short. Your family is all you have and hating someone doesnt hurt them most, it hurts you. I was the one who missed out on being close to them when I was younger. I was the one filled with anger just because I'd rather have seen my friends. It was stupid to be honest. I would have hated to grow old and seen my parents grow old knowing that I never tried to even give them a chance. Now I tell them everything. They are there for me through everything from boy problems, to what left overs are still good. I feel sorry for people who take their parents for granted. Who hate them for mistakes they make because they were still learning too. I dont know what I'd do without them anymore. I am so lucky to have people who love me no matter what and support me in any desicion I make. I hope that you see how lucky you are too. People fight, and things arent always perfect but its important that you learn to let that go, to realize they wont always be here. My dad and step mom have taught me so much about growing up, about loving each other. They have been together for thirteen years now and they still hold hands on the way to the grocery store, they still kiss and us kids still think its gross. If it wasnt for them I dont know what kind of person I would end up being, probably not a very good one. They have shown me what a stable crazy home is like. They have taught me that you dont always know what your doing but you will survive. My family isnt rich, doesnt buy me tons of things, and isnt always perfect, but we always love each other. We are always here for one another and my parents taught me thats what is important. I cant say how thankful I am that I had a dad who never gave up on me. Even if I didnt wanna see him one weekend and I would scream I hated him he would be right back over the next weekend trying to pick me up again. I never once heard him complain about paying child support. I never once heard him say anything but how much he didnt loved me. That makes him my hero. My dad and my step mom have been through so much but they are still the most loving people you will ever meet. They never think twice about helping people and they never told us not to say thank you. I am thankful for them. They are my heros and I will be passing on everything they have shown to my kids someday. Thank you dad and Oriana for being the best, craizest, loving parents I have ever seen. I love you two so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...