Monday, November 18, 2013

Hopeless.

I want to be



the sunlight that kisses your hair in the morning, and the bed time stories you read to our children at night. That old wooden rocking chair with marks all up the seat from when the dog tried to jump into it. I want to be a page in your favorite, worn out book. The one you read every night in order to fall asleep, with its pages turning yellow and its spine falling apart. The water that hits you in that shower you take after a long day is over, carressing your skin with soft warm kisses before hitting the cold porcelain tub. I want to be that something special. That one thing that you can't seem to live without. I want to be the wind that blows caressly through your hair, taingling it into a wild mess that you have to tame once you return home. That giant kitchen you always hoped for, the one with the wooden floors and high seilings, painted your favorite color and decorated with your favorite pots and pans. The soft humming of your favorite song you dance around the house to, in nothing but your sock and a giant T-shirt. I want to be your everything. Those salty tears you cry after your first big heartbreak, the ones that show how strong you are because they are real. I want to be that voulnerable state of mind your in after. The state that tells you to move forward but you are still holding on. I want to be your favorite memory, the one of you hiking up that jaint mountain with the ones you love and coming back down with handfuls of rocks. I want to be your greatest hello and your hardest goodbye. The fast beat of your heart when your nervous, pumping blood to places in your body faster than before, and the butterflies terrorizing your stomach. I want to be your greatest desision and your hardest one. The fast pace of your legs while your in the grocery store because you know what you want. The smile you get when you hear something funny, and your laugh when you want nothing but to cry. The shimmer of hope I see in your eyes when you stare at me, the one I want nothing but to get lost in. I want to be your safe place when your scared of the monsters that lurk under your bed, and the person you yell at when your angry. The roof over your head that keeps out the rain but doesnt stop it from pattering on your window. I want to be everything you have ever wanted, and everything that drives your crazy. I want to be your person. The one who will never leave your side no matter how crazy you become. The one who would give you everything I have in one split second. I want to be the one who falls hopelessly in love with all your perfections and all your flaws. I want to be the hand you hold when your standing at the end of the aisle, the look you have that has so much love in it could destroy a single person. The shoes you take off to run with me to the car because the wedding is over. I want to be the person who kisses you goodnight and good morning even if your mad at me. That suprise look you get on your face even though this is the hundredth time you have burnt our dinner this month, and the happy one you get when I tell you its your turn to pick where we order out. I want to be everything you have ever needed, everything you have ever wanted. I want to be nothing but myself and everything that has ever made you full of life. I want to be your lover, your best friend, and your forever and always. I just want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...