Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Quitters aren't Choosers

I am 


not a quitter. In saying this I guess I am also stating the fact that I am stubborn, a go getter, hard headed if you will. I have never been one to back down from a fight (mostly mental ones) I have recently piled my plate full. Its toppled high with work and attending two schools at once (online school and EMT training) and family. I told myself that I am young and I can handle it. I got this! I took my first EMT block test and failed with a 64 out of 100. That should have been my first sign, besides the fact that I have bought flash cards for the class and have been to busy with my other class to write down the vocabulary words. I have a hard time studying because I feel like I am always studying; at work, at home,the days I don't have class, on every Sunday. I am young (like stated before but in a different tone)! I want to have fun and it seems like taking two major courses at once is to much for me to do that.  There is so much going on in my life right now and my plate has become part of a balancing act, a rather tough one at that. I decided I had to decide what I want before I burn myself out. I am not a quitter, but I needed to learn how to be a chooser. What do I want? What can I handle to keep doing? I decided I wanted both of them. EMT training and my online school. (I also wanted to keep my job) but what I didn't want is the overwhelming feeling. In result, I became a chooser. I have chose to take a break from online school until I am finished with EMT school and then I will hop right back on online school. They both are major courses that could help my career and they both deserve my undivided attention. What I am trying to say is know how much  you can handle. Know when you are too overwhelmed and do something about it. There are always ways to make your life work but you have to choose the best decisions for you to make yourself happy. Now there are definitely restrictions on my choice. I do not have the choice to take a year off of online school, I do not have the choice to not go back at all. My decision was to stop online school until EMT school is finished and that is the rule. If I was someone who didn't have the responsibility instilled to go right back to school then taking time off wouldn't be a choice for me. That is what life is all about, figuring out your choices and what choices will benefit you the most in the long run or what ones will tear you apart in the long run. I am excited to be able to truly focus on both schools so that I can pass them both with flying colors. I am also excited to not feel so overwhelmed and so worried about what my test results will be in both courses. You have got to keep your mental health to a healthy level or you will suffer. Do not be a quitter but learn how to be a chooser, a chooser of your own life path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’ll love you through the realms

I wonder who you are when your soul is tired of searching for me in all the realms but this one. Did you ever even love me here in this exis...