Monday, January 19, 2015

Dessert Pizza and Happiness

The other night


four girls devoured a whole dessert pizza to themselves in less than five minutes. I was included in that four, because the other three were some of my roommates. Today we are hiking Logan Canyon, to see a pretty view we found on Instagram. When I first walked through the house I live in I was so nervous. I didn't think I could live with five other girls, because I never really had friends that were girls in the first place. My palms were sweaty and I wondered the whole time if I could do it, If I could get along with all of them. If I would fit in. I have grown to love my roommates more than anything. I love that I always have someone there, we support each other, and give each other advice. I have learned so much from living with all of them. I have learned that I am not the only woman in the world who doesn't know how to cook. I have learned that sometimes its okay to eat your feelings, that drinking tea at all hours, all day everyday is socially acceptable. That women do support each other and have each others backs. I have learned that men suck and I am not the only one who has problems with them. That its okay to binge watch a television show on weekdays and even on weekends. Most of all I have learned what it feels like to have genuine friends, to live life, and to have fun. I remember how nervous I felt the first few weeks. I stayed in my room and I felt like I would never fit in. I made myself feel little because I was so afraid of what they would think of me. Then we all started to grow closer, I started coming out of my room. Now I don't know how I would feel not living with them! I would be lost. I think I definitely chose the right roommates to live with, or maybe they chose me. They have helped me grow, have taught me my worth. Have taught me about team work and talking things out. When I tell people I live with five girls they look at me like I am crazy. In return I look at them like they will never understand what dance parties are like,  what it means to have someone to lean on when your sad, what it means to play twister in your living room (and have enough people to do it), what it means to cook dinner together, to laugh until your cheeks hurt, and to binge watch television shows together. Having roommates for me has been the best adventure of my life. I have met some of the greatest, strongest girls. I have met some true friends who I know will always have my back, even if I forget to wash my dishes sometimes, or clean the bathroom on my turn. We aren't just roommates we are good friends. Thank you girls for teaching me that not all girls are mean and that I can have a good time. My heart is forever full. You guys are awesome and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...