Saturday, January 25, 2014

Lost at sea

I took your heart 

And shoved it into my pocket. I thought it belonged to me, that I could hold it, and listen to it's rhythmic thumping. It never was really mine was it? I could never quite explore the shallow walls of the heart you kept most farthest away from my yearning soul. There was no openings, no secret passage I could somehow unlock. It was sealed tight so that I could never feel it's crevices or sink myself down deep into the warmth that showed through your eyes, trying to seep out and swallow me completely whole, embellishing my every sense of being for a split second. You were fighting a battle, in which you let your mind win. I wasn't allowed to explore your heart. The fear of being hurt consumed you, swallowed you whole and trapped you in it's lies. I was broughten in by your current and then shoved away like a wave kissing the shore. I only had your heart for that sweet single second. Then your heart was lost at sea, stolen from my very pocket by the lies you told yourself. Your heart is warm and yearning to be discovered, waiting for someone to dare explore it. Like me, that explorer will be shoved away, lost in a motion of back and forth between your head and your undiscovered heart. This explorer will be trapped, and soon realize that you are at war. A war between what you think and what you feel. A war that will end with your own heart shoved back into your own pocket, and your brain the object that is placed upon your sleeve for all to take. Your feelings will be locked away in your heart which resides in your pocket, to never be taken out, to never be loved, to cause unbearable suffering until you realize it is screaming to escape and your feelings can no longer put it to sleep. Then and only then will you escape your fears that bind you to a world of bearly feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...