Thursday, January 9, 2014

Flaws and Imperfections

The way


his feet slushed through the snow like a higher being walking on water was the most graceful thing I have ever seen. The slow second it took for him to slip on the ice, frozen to the ground like it was afraid to dissapear, was even more talented. I fell in love with that man. The one I took in every morning, his hair a crazy mess and his breath the most awful renching smell to ever exsist. That was him in his most honest, beautiful form. I took his hand as he sat on the now melting ice and pulled, suddenly I realized I would now meet the same fate he did. My feet sliding out from underneath me, I toppled over onto my not so well rounded butt. He laughed until he couldn't breathe, stood up and helped me up off my now cold and wet butt. I wanted to kill him for laughing at me so hard when not only moments ago I was watching him do the exact same thing, holding back my laughter for his sake. It only took a moment for me to get over the fact that he was laughing at me. Oh how I loved his laugh, and the smile he beamed when he used it. I fell for him every second of every day, this man who drove me absolutly crazy yet kept me totally sane. I wanted to pull him close and breathe him in every second that I could. The way he looked at me was enough to melt all the thick ice that covered our driveway. Walking hand in hand with this man was like being queen and walking out to greet your country. I couldn't get enough, and amazingly the look on his face made me believe that he felt the exact same way. This lovely creature felt blessed to have me, he loved me for the way I am, the way I'm clumbsy, the way I made mistakes, even the way I looked in the morning. Thinking about this made me realize how our love was flawed, flawed to profection. He drove me nuts every day, pulled my hair, tickled my feet, and refused to pick a movie on sunday nights. I absoultly hated the way he licked his lips with his long tounge when that one resturant sounded amazing to him. I hated the way he'd leave the toilet seat up. The funny part is, the things I hated about him were the things I fell in love with. I realized how imperfect he was and I took it all in, it was heavenly, it stunned me into a stary eyed state of mind I couldnt seem to escape. It was a breath of fresh air to find someone who was flawed, who used his flaws as his most finest gifts. He didnt need to pretend, didnt need a prosona to protect him. That is what made me realize that I didnt either, I could have wild hair and not be ashamed of it, I could go to sleep without makeup on, not fearing if he saw what I looked like without it. I fell in love with the man who took in my imperfections and made them his idea of perfect. He thought I was lovely with my hair undone, and no makeup to cover up what society considered my flaws. I think thats what got me, the fact that he made me feel like if someone else could love my flaws I could too. Its important to love yourself, so others can love you. This man showed me all his flaws before I could even ask what they were, because to him they weren't his flaws they were the things that made him who he was. His "flaws" were his very most gifting qualities they were real and untamed. He showed me that it was okay to be me, to have flaws and imbrace them, for that I am utterly greatful. Let people fall in love with you, not for the way you carry yourself gracefully, put for the way you slip, stumble, and yet still hold your head up high. The world needs more love like that, more love that is real and honest. Love isn't perfect, it has its flaws just like everyone and everything else, but  what makes it wonderful is that it is open to flaws, it excepts them, embraces them and makes them beautiful. I will always love you for your imperfections, for the way you drive me crazy, the way you make every moment of my life complicated and exilerating. You deserve my love a thousand times over for showing me what its like to love myself. That will always be the greatest gift you have ever blessed me with, and for that I thank you. I wrote this for my biggest blogger fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...