Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fam[ILY]

Today my post is about family. Now I've never had what you call a normal family, but who does? I like it that way. I have a large family, its very extended, and yes some of us don't see each other as often as we should, but the thing is I know all of them would be there in a heartbeat if I needed them. That's the thing about family, they love you regardless, mistakes, fights, no matter what. Families are strong that way. You don't have to see each other all the time to know how important you are to one another. You have some sort of bond, a closeness. You could do something terrible and they would still stand next to you and tell you how much you mean to them. What also makes a family great though, can also tear it apart. Families can be to forgiving, when sometimes you dont need forgiveness, you need tough love. Yes people make mistakes, but how many times should you forgive them for the same mistake is the question. Love for a family memeber can be overpowering. It can be so strong you'd put yourself in harms way to save them. So when does hurting yourself become to much to handle? The answer is probably never. That's the thing about Family, you can't give up on them no matter how bad you want to. You'll always want whats best for them and for them to be happy, and sometimes that means sacrifices. My father is a strong man who would sacrifice anything for his family, he can be grumpy at times and a little scary, but he does so much for his family. Thats the kind of family member people need, a strong one. You can be mad or dislike a family memeber but thats your family regardless. They are the ones who will be there for you when no one else is. Some people dont realize that until it's to late and thats very sad. I need to see my family more, I need to be there for them more when they need me because at the end of the day thats who I will turn to. Family is everything so dont give up on them regardless of how disfunctional, or wierd they are because one day they aren't gonna be there and your gonna wish you knew them better or spent more time with them. Just remember family is everything so take the time to show them that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...