Friday, August 15, 2014

Stitches of Make Believe

I tend


to live my life like I know what I am doing. Like I have it all together. I like to think my life is something I am making up. I am wildly weaved together with stitches of make believe. I like to pretend that I planned this whole thing, like a magic show. All have you know though, I didn't. I never planned for broken hearts, new adventures, a shocking new love story to tell, or sitting at a desk for my work. I didn't plan these things, they chose me. You cant plan out your life. You can try, but the universe will always direct you to where you are supposed to be. I think that's why it is easy for me to pretend like I am planning, because I know that what is meant to be will always find a way. In the grander scheme of things, the universe will eventually put me where I am meant to be in the end. Life is something unplanned, its a scary ride. The funny part is that we all take it so seriously, especially so seriously for knowing that eventually we will all become dust. This life is mine, weather I am planning or not. Ultimately I belong to the universe and the universe decides what to do with me. I like to pretend that I know how every story ends in this storybook of Meaghan's life but I do not have a clue. I don't know what happens when we die. I do not know if I will quit this desk job for something that makes me feet swell and my back hurt. All I know is that I am living for this moment I am blessed with. I am living for the feeling of sand between my toes, and the sound of crickets singing me to sleep in my backyard. Nothing is promised to me, and that's okay because I am not selfish. I can live without promises, without being all knowing. I could be okay if there was a God and I could be okay if ultimately there wasn't, because I know in the end something is happening where I disappear from here and I no longer have this moment regardless. So I will embrace what I am blessed with now. I am fine with pretending, with being stitched together by story books my mom used to read to me. I hope that you are living in this moment. Right now. I hope you take the time to breathe, weather your sitting, standing, walking, running, laughing you my friend are full of life. You are getting one more extra second that someone else might not have. So believe in God if that makes you happy, believe in fairy tales, Santa clause, more than one God, evolution. Believe in the things that make you happy, the things that make living right now in this moment your number one priority. This life is yours, and weather you think you know what is going to happen, or weather you don't it ultimately doesn't matter, whatever is going to happen is going to happen with or without your consent. The only thing you know right now for a fact is that you are breathing, you are a living breathing person and the only thing you are promised from this universe is this very second. Soak it up like a sponge and let death by the least of your worries. You cant fight what is already promised to happen. Live your life my friend. This the best advice anyone could ever give someone because many moments go unlived, many moments go unnoticed because of the wish for something greater in the future. This life isn't about the future it is about right now. It is about learning how to live with the situation handed to you in this very moment. If you can do that, if you can live, I  mean really just let go and live well then what else could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...