Monday, May 12, 2014

Young Forever

I wanna be


Young forever. I want to be wild and crazy, I want to know what it feels like to break a bone from doing something I love to do. I want to travel. To smell new smells, taste new foods. I want to be young and dance in the moonlight. To shower in the wilderness with a pot of water that was heated over a blazing fire. I want to run, skip and share kisses with someone I love. I want to be young and wild but I don't want to be young and stupid. I want to make mistakes and grow from them. I want to understand that being young isn't an excuse to damage my soul, to ruin my mind. I want to do things and remember them, feel them, experience them. I want to ride in cars with the radio turned up and the windows down. I want to have a summer love, I want to explore the world. I want my younger years to be something I am proud of, to boast about them to my children and their children. I want to say when I was younger me and my best friend traveled to Italy on a whim, once we drove eight hours straight without knowing where we were going. I want to say I did things, I tried things that were worth trying, worth doing. I want to say I fell in love and got my heart broken and then I fell in love and it lasted. I want to say I rode my bike up canyons, and did a night hike but forgot my water and a flashlight and got lost in a beautiful place. I want to be young and restless, full of life and wonder. I want to turn down bad ideas, and be smarter than my generation and the generation before mine. I want the mistakes worth making, the ones that will teach me something good, something that will make me wiser. I want to get the guts do delete my social networking, to stop texting and start exploring to stop worrying and start dancing. I want to be young forever because I know I cant be. I want to be strong because I know that one day my bones will be brittle and worn down like an old book with its bindings falling apart. I want scars that were made from memories, like trying to fly, and riding a four wheeler to fast. I want scars on my heart from people I cared about and lost, and people who forgot how to smile when smiling was easy. I want memories with strangers that insist I join them in dancing and laughing. I wanna be young forever. I want to explore places and things I never knew about. I want to swim with the dolphins and learn a new language. I want to be loved and love back, be selfless and powerful. I want to cry when I feel like crying, when I feel down but I know it wont last because crying is an overwhelming storm that leaves just as fast as it comes. I want to smile and laugh until I cry about something that touched my funny bone and put a spell on my soul. I want to be care free and loving, I want to give without getting anything in return. I want to be happy. I want to dance in the rain, because it brings growth to the world, it doesn't always mean sadness. I want to jump in puddles with my bare feet. I want to shove my naked toes into hot sand and build sand castles. I don't want to be medicated drugged up, depressed, seeing shapes, when I should be seeing reality. I don't want to hurt without knowing why I want to be stronger, clueless, but knowing.  I want to learn by watching others, I want to be an example to those who aren't strong enough to lead. I want to tell someone how I am feeling without caring what they will think, I want to wear mismatch socks and flowing dresses. I want to scream as loud as I can just to hear my own echo. I want to go river rafting, catch fish and put them back. I want to know how being young  feels. I want to live in the moment and soak it all up. I want to be young forever because your only young once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...