Tuesday, December 15, 2015

In a State of Finding Strength

I have 



been thinking a lot lately about strength. What does strength even mean? Well, in the dictionary the definition of strength is "the quality or state of being strong". I always have thought it was funny when the dictionary uses the same exact word to describe a word. Strength basically means strong according to the dictionary, to me that is just silliness. Think about it, Strength. That means a lot more to me than a quality or state of being, it is a way of life. It is a way to say hey, I am here and ready to kick ass. I have decided that strength is your hearts way of saying you cannot give up yet, you cannot let life beat you. I think that is important to remember. I also think that strength can come in forms of weakness. I bet you are thinking I am just as crazy as the dictionary right now, but really how often have you been weak but felt ten times stronger? Strength is weakness and vulnerability. It is opening up and being the raw being that you are. I recently was told that I am a lot more open on my blog, I explained how it is easier to be vulnerable to a piece of paper than an actual human being. A virtual piece of paper cannot judge me, it cannot tell me what I am, who I am, who or what I could be. The statement that I am more open on my blog made me realize something, its okay to be open in other aspects of my life too. Its okay to love and trust with all my heart. It is okay to show that I am just as strong off my blog as I am when I am consumed in it. I think we all are so afraid of getting hurt that we forget that within hurt comes strength. It is important to open your heart and live your life with all your being. Because if you are not living on the edge of your seat you are dying. If you are not loving and embracing the world you are not showing the world around you how great you are, how much strength you actually have. Strength to me is embracing hurt with open arms, it is understanding that in order to know what strength is you must be vulnerable first. You must tear down walls and build up fences instead. Strength to me is a powerful state of being to be in, one I think I will choose more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...