Friday, October 27, 2023

Depression is never ending

Sometimes I see light shining through the window even though the blinds are closed and I think how dare you sun. How does the sun have the audacity to let light in here when all I want to do is bask in the darkness. Depression is like a vampire. The sun feels too much like hope and it makes me want to vomit up the only meal I remembered to eat today. Depression is soul sucking, so much so that I forget I have one at all. It is probably lost in this room under the piles of clothes I have yet to wash, hiding in a corner afraid of what awaits. The sun is radiating and I pull the covers up over my face in anger and defiance. How can the world keep turning? How can the sun rise and fall when I can barely wiggle my toes without the overwhelming feeling of exhaustion. Depression is feeling so much you feel nothing. The sun rises and basks through my window and then sets and rises again without my permission and I feel betrayed. If there could only be a darkness outside that matches this feeling I have inside maybe then it wouldn’t feel so consuming. Depression is sadness on fire. The sun gets up everyday and I wonder why can’t I? Why does it feel like I’m cemented to this bed, my legs turning into concrete every-time I even think about getting up. My body is morphing into this mattress we are becoming one and parts of me just accept my fate. Depression is…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...