Sunday, June 28, 2015

"Watch it Wiggle, See it Jiggle"

I feel like Jello.


That's right, jello. I have learned to morph around the things that surround my life. Around people, around situations. I am gooey, wiggly, sticky jello. I have learned to be strong, but easy to swallow. You never know what you are capable of, what you can withstand until you try it. Jello doesn't need to be chewed, it stays in its form and finds a way to slither down your throat. Jello can withstand your swallowing without having to be broken down into small little pieces. I can withstand a breakup, a new job, a new apartment. I can morph. I can do anything I set my mind too. I come and I conquer and I leave with all my pieces. But how long can I do that? We all know that once Jello hits your stomach it dissolves and it disappears into a big pile of water and sugar. How long will I be like jello in its mixed, ready to go form? How bad will it hurt when I dissolve? When I am broken down into my purest form? Should I be scared? Would it be such a bad thing to finally break wide open like a stitched up cut? I think dissolving isn't such a bad thing, Jello dissolves to please. I have this persona about myself, I stand so strong, so willing to fight, to morph around the obstacles in my life. So well put together, like Jello. I am a mold,standing tall in the aspect of my life. I want to be able to break, to say hey, that actually bugs me, or hey I am allowed to cry too. I am allowed to dissolve and melt as long as I want. I want to allow myself to make mistakes, allow myself to show people that I am not just a mold. I too want to let loose, I too want to find my freedom and my place in this world. I want to find love and let it in instead of putting up this wall of steel. I feel like Jello, but even Jello is allowed to change, to dissolve, to let itself break down, to sometimes be a little weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...