Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Saving Prince Charming?

Why


are there all these men that want me to come along and save them? I don't want to save anyone, I want someone I can stand beside while they save themselves. It is not my job to fix a guys broken heart that happened from their last girlfriend, its not my job to cure their loneliness, or to make them smile again. I do not want to be any of that for a man. I want men do all those things for themselves so that they can want me for who I really am, not just a helper but a woman. I want a guy who is independent and a strong healer of themselves. I don't want to fill a void or an empty hole inside them, I want to be an add on, someone who improves things that don't really need improving but it feels wonderful to have it anyways. I don't want needy, some one who claims they would die without me. I want a man who is strong enough to live without me but just wouldn't want to because he can choose not to. A man like that is someone worth being with. A man who understands that I am a choice and a mighty good one at that. One who chooses me over and over, not out of loneliness or fear of where I would be without him but because he truly enjoys choosing me, he enjoys the happiness I bring to his already happy life. I want a man who is optimistic about life, who understands that no matter how bad things are they could be worse, and they can get better. I don't want a man so full of self pity that he cannot see when I am sad too. I don't want a man who only talks about his issues and not his positives. I want a man that believes in himself, believes in his strength and his ability to conquer anything with or without me, but he would rather do it with me. I want a man who doesn't push me sexually or mentally. I want a man who knows when I have had enough arguing and gives me space. I want a man who isn't so afraid of being single that he chooses me. A man who doesn't believe that "single" is enough of an excuse to jump into a relationship. I want a man who took his time choosing me, took the time to make sure that I could be the one. I want a man who is picky about who he dates and even pickier about who he chooses to be his girlfriend. I do not want to save a man I want a man who has already saved himself. I think its important to know how to be strong and independent while your alone, that way you can be strong and independent for the woman you want to be with. No woman wants to save you, shes to busy saving herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...