Thursday, July 3, 2014

Say Next Week.

Dating advice


is complicated. I recently got advice from a male that shocked me. I was telling him about a man I have gone on a couple dates with recently and how I like him and we are planning on going on another date tonight. The male who gave me the advice we will just name Bob. Original I know. Anyways, Bob said do you want my advice about the situation? I said sure, I am always open to hear other peoples advice since I don't go on dates hardly ever. Bob said I would tell him you cant. Tell him you cant this week but maybe next week. This will let him know that your time is valuable. That he cant use you whenever he wants. I stared at Bob like he was crazy. This would be assuming that every guy is going to use me. It would also consist of me changing my own personality. If I like someone I am going to show it. I am going to woman up, and see them when the opportunity comes up. Why would I play mind games and pretend I have something going on when we all know I don't? Wouldn't that make me a liar? Plus, if things didn't work out wouldn't I be dragging out the inevitable? The only way to get to know someone is to spend time with them. Wouldn't this man feel like I didn't like him if I kept "putting off" our dates? I didn't see Bobs logic. It made me question things though. Why do we play so many games when dating? Whats wrong with showing up and being unapologetically yourself? Why do you have to act different, wear different clothes than you normally would? This is me. This is who I am. Why would I change for one night? If you like me you have to like me for who I am now or there is no point. In my eyes every one's time is valuable. This is life. This is your life and it ticks by every second. If someone is willing to waste a minute of their time with anyone else then both people are lucky.Spending time getting to know another soul is amazing no matter who's soul it is. Someone has opened their life to you and brought you in, that is something amazing within itself. I am not going to punish this man just because my time is valuable. I think he knows that. From my point of view, his time is just as valuable as mine. Why would I make him waste it? This is your life and it is passing you by. I feel like you should jump head on into the things and the people you enjoy, if not whats the point of living? I enjoy this man. He makes me laugh. How will I ever know the potential of our relationship if I don't take chances? If I play games and pretend? I am not scared. I know that if it doesn't work out it just wasn't meant to be and if it does it could make me very happy so what do I have to lose? I don't think I need dating advice. I don't think I will ask anyone for dating advice or read magazines or articles about dating. I think the best advice anyone needs is to trust yourself. Believe that you know what you are doing and just be yourself. If its meant to be it will work, if not you had good memories while it lasted because you put your whole heart into it. Live in the moment and enjoy the people that enter your life, they are as much a blessing as anything else.

"A chance is a terrible thing to waste"- Rob Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

I walk into our home and you have incense burning. It smells like smoke and rotting pumpkins and I want so badly to tell you that it doesn&#...