Friday, August 26, 2016

Why Blog?

I didn't


always see myself creating a blog. I never saw myself waging a war within my head on if  I should be honest about what I write on my blog or if I should make everything up. I am also not very tech savvy so I didn't think it would grab anyone's attention either. I thought one day that maybe I should put my blog on hold, you know write on it when I have a two year old or something catchy that grabs peoples attention like marriage. I don't have that, I cant tell you about the time my child got his/her first tooth, I cant tell you about my wedding day because it hasn't happened yet. All I have to offer is real moments in my life that I cant seem to grasp sometimes. I can tell you all about breakups, about staying up until 3 in the morning studying my ass off. I can tell you all about finding the love of my life, about losing that love, about crying, about laughing so hard my stomach hurts,and about friendships. I can tell you about down to earth,real life stuff that is happening probably to you too right now. I have said a thousand times on this blog that life is not a fairy tale. I don't want to lie to you and tell you about fairies and unicorns, I want to be real. I want to be open and relate to the bad and good things that are happening to you right now. Otherwise what would my blog be for? If I had a child with a first tooth I would most likely write about the lack of sleep I was getting because all my child does is scream. I would tell you about how parenting is hard, even though we already know that. If it was the day of my wedding I would probably tell you how I am falling apart because I cant believe this is happening and I am ruining my make up with tears.About how I am so scared my dress wont fit and how I know he is the one. I would tell you that I am terrified of divorce and of tripping down the isle, that is why I am wearing tennis shoes instead of heels. I am not a fan of blogs that portray their lives as perfect, that portray all the good and none of the bad because to me you have to have both. We are human and we are not perfect, without a breakdown their would be no happiness. My life is messy, complicated, and sometimes confusing and I take pride in not pretending that it is anything different. If you like the sappy blogs filled with nothing but happiness then let me tell you that you must have typed in the wrong URL and I hope you find that blog. I wanted honesty for once because I got sick of the internet being so perfect, of all these people portraying their "perfect life" that we all know is not always so glamorous because we are all going through hell someday's, we all have days that dont always work out.  I love to write, it is my passion and I LOVE when something I write touches someones soul in some profound, way that they can relate. I thank everyone who reads my blog and supports me in my writings. I hope that you are able to find peace, understanding, or just feel less alone when reading my tangents. I write because its my therapy, its my way of coping and it makes me happy. Do what makes you happy, even if it sounds crazy. Its important to be happy and embrace the crazy thing  that we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homes of the selfish

I have wrapped my own arms around my chest several times and called it healing. I have dove headfirst into my very being only to pull out wh...