Saturday, February 13, 2016

out with the old, in with the new

People


always tell me that they want the old version of you back.. I dont think they realize that the "old" you is dead and gone. Old versions are called old for a reason; they die off. They become something you cant return to. Maybe you were never the "old" version of yourself. Maybe that was just a shell for this new version of you. You have broken out of that shell now. You are now someone different. SOmeone your parents dont recongize. Someone your siblings are mad at because you were not the example you should have been. Old is comfortable for most people, old is how people reconginze you. I hear stories of you, of how you changed. "She is not the same her, she is desrespectful, crazy, doesnt care about her family". What is the "same" anyways? We all change, moprh into different beings as the world changes us, some changes are good, some terrible. I know people wish for the same "old" you, but I know better.I know that version of you is dead. You died a long time ago when you stopped believing the good in people. When you stopped believing the good in yourself. People change and its not always easy to accept the change. You are not the same "old" you, and I see that. The question is, do you? Do you see what you have become? Do you look in the mirror and still reconginze yourself? Do you care wether you recoginze yourself or not? We are all mourning someone who never was. We are mouring the "old" you. I dont wish for you to come back as the "old" version of yourself because I know that we cannot go backwards. We cannot go back to our childhood and "start over". I dont wish for the old you anymore. I wish for someone much more stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homes of the selfish

I have wrapped my own arms around my chest several times and called it healing. I have dove headfirst into my very being only to pull out wh...